Monitor Recommendation

I'm looking for recommendations for a new monitor (both size and brand). I'm using X7 and Painter 2016. I have a Nvidia K620 with one DVI-I and one DP. I send work out for printing. Thank you.

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Walt,

That depends on what you need it for, your eyesight, and the size of your bank account.

I am very pleased with my 28" Samsung monitor.  

1. The color rendition is excellent as far as I can tell.

2. I know that the dynamic lightness range is not great.  However, I only notice this at night.  When the monitor goes into the power save mode at night, it does not become totally black.  It's a dark gray.  However, I don't notice this when using the computer.  

3. A black to white gradient looks normal to me.

Best of all, the total price at COSTCO was $300.

Be careful about buying one of the new super high pixel dimension monitors (i.e. 4K monitors).  Many applications display on the monitor at pixel by pixel dimensions.  Thus many displays become too tiny for my eyes on a 4K monitor.  Even with my 1920 x 1080 pixel display, I'm still more comfortable when the display is enlarged by 150 %.

If possible.

1.  Try out monitors with both colorful images and a black to white 11 step gradient.

2.  Only buy, if there is a money back guarantee.

Phil

PS:  Here's my home made gray scale.  You may find better ones on the internet.

Children