Windows Shell Extension AGAIN

Ok this is the third one I've done in the past couple days, I went looking for people who had the issue and found three.  Same thing, computer screwed up by the user or the computer technician, did all Windows updates, opened CorelDraw made sure it was signed in and updated.  Closed CorelDraw and simply associated the CPT and CDR file formats with the proper program and all was well.

It obvious to me that every one I worked with that had the issue has a screwed up system some how.

Parents
  • Hi David,

What's the big deal. Just three fixes with associate ? ? That's peanuts. It's not sensational news.

There have been hundreds of posts in which associate fixed missing thumbnails.
    Why don't you wait until you pass two hundred before doing any more bragging.

MISSING THUMBNAILS ARE A BUG ! !
    It has been a bug for about ten years.

It doesn't matter if most of them are restored with associate. It's still a bug. Just about nobody reads these posts and even less people would dream of using you as a computer technician.

I don't believe that the computers you "fixed" were "screwed up" any more than anybody else's computer. Neither do I believe that all the computer techs that you have met were "idiots". Are you trying to tell us that a computer tech did not know enough to update Windows.

How come your magic cures could not fix missing thumbnails for VBGrafx. (Mystic Thumbs restored .cdr thumbnails for him.)

Phil
    PS: How about asking Corel why this problem has persisted for over ten years. It would make more sense than calling everybody around you an idiot.
Reply Children
No Data