Selecting and moving specific objects to a specific location with macros?

I'm fairly new to using macros with this program. I have programming experience but fairly new to VBA syntax so I've tried sticking to just straightforward recording as far as I can. Basically what I'm trying to do is take some objects that I've copied and pasted to the file, then move them into some pre-made templates and use intersect to basically punch out a design. 

I've found that I can easily automate most steps like resizing, rotating etc just by simply recording it. However I'd like to be able to select a specific object rather than just "Active Layer Shape 1" which I've found can change depending on the order they are created. Then I'd like to move them to a specific location rather than it depending on the starting location of the object, as they will need to be slotted into my template. 

I hope that makes sense, any help would be appreciated!

Parents
No Data
  • Cm1602 said:
    However I'd like to be able to select a specific object rather than just "Active Layer Shape 1" which I've found can change depending on the order they are created. Then I'd like to move them to a specific location rather than it depending on the starting location of the object, as they will need to be slotted into my template.

It's easy enough to tell a macro to go to work on the currently selected object(s).

What sort of alignment do you have in mind in order to position the content in your template? As in, do you want the object centered in X and Y on a particular point, or with it's upper LH corner aligned to a specific point, or...?

Children