Extreme system slowdown during file operations

When saving/opening/exporting/printing/auto-saving, CorelDraw slows to a craw.  It actually slows down the entire computer to a craw, but Task Manager shows only 2 CPU cores have activities.  Mouse cursor becomes unresponsive, hitting the Windows button takes 15 seconds to open the Start menu, etc.  But once the file is opened / saved, the computer becomes lighting fast again.

It's not the hardware as this is running on a Threadripper system.  Already tried completely uninstalling X7, reboot and re-install.  Patching to X7.6 did not makes any difference either.

Where do I start to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Wallace

• If you are using an ATI video card with the latest Radeon video drivers and the latest Windows 10 update, it will cause Corel to grind your system to a halt when performing file operations, printing, etc.  It happens in X8 as well.

I rolled back my ATI video drivers to an older version and everything went back to normal.  Perhaps ATI has addressed the issue by now but I haven't tried any newer drivers.  I'm not sure why Corel happens to cause this system grind.  I didn't see that with any other application.