I really thought when this subject was posted that a bunch of teachers would jump in here and start a discussion, but it hasn't happened yet. I'll see if I can get a jump start here with this post.
Though I have spent at least 12 years of my life in college classrooms and labs as student or teacher, I'm not currently in a College or University setting anymore. Still,I do use CorelDRAW for a lot of things you'd see there. Here is a short list of possibilities to get started.
1. Of course, it's great for designing posters.
2. Lab quizzes and handouts with those technical illustrations and labels
3. Create labels for equipment
4. Create name tags for social events
5. Flyers, handouts, and newsletters for clubs
Now you tell me how you use CorelDRAW in the classroom and campus. Do you have questions or problems you've encountered along the way? Let's get the discussion going.
I think that power user is the minimum.