Halftone Print: Adjusting advance settings does'nt have any effect on the halftone print

Hi everyone,

So, I have an xp pro box, intel core duo chip w 2 gigs of ram, paired up with an HP Laser Jet 5si PS printer and using Corel x6. My problem is this: I created a simple gradient composed of 2 pantone colors. When I send it to be printed I enable print seperations and proceed to the advanced button to adjust frequency and angle. Now, no matter what I set these parameters to I always get the same small dot halftone. Regardless of whatever extreme I set the parameters to i.e. frequency 2 angle 2 to say frequency 100 to angle 100, and everything in between I always get the same small halftone pattern print result. The printer I am using is a PS printer according to the configuration print out . FYI, I am using this printers PS specific print driver to print.

HP PRINTER Configuration Page info:

Installed Personalities and Optons:

PCL (199612220)
POSCRIPT (19960724) 

I have also attempted using CMYK, RGB etc in black and white and multi colors with the same result.

Perhaps there is a setting I have to enable on the physical printer?

Is it possible I may have inadvertently enabled some sort of fixed halftone setting somewhere?

Maybe I just pissed the halftone gods off?

My goal is to achieve larger halftone dots for screen printing purposes. I am also trying to avoid converting the image to a bit map, transforming and tweaking to taste for the purpose of productivity.

I will attempt to  print to file and print from ghostscript to see if this helps some how.

Thank you everyone in advance for the help. Big Smile