Questions from a newbie

I am in the promotional advertising business, selling products like pens, shirts, keychains...basically, anything you can think of I can sell and put your business name on it.  There are times when I have to use an outside vendor if a customer wants a product I don't have.  Typically these vendors will have their art requirements, which usually is a size.  For example, i can sell a certain pen and they will tell me my graphics have to fit withing 2x.05 inches.  So this is why I started using corel.  To be able to send art over for printing.  99% of the art work will be bold typeset, with just a company name, maybe the customers name, and their phone number...no frills just text...ocasionally I may sell a product and the customer has to have a logo on it.  I do business with a lot of realtors and they always need a logo.  So i would need to pull their logo from their website, or the web..well say coldwell banker for an example.  I would also need to change this logo to black for printing purposes, unless i am doing a full color product which is rare.  So my question is, is coreldraw efficient for these purposes?  Are there any resources anybody can point me to to help me figure out these processes.

I understand that graphic designers spend alot of time honing in on their skill.  I know its not an overnight process.  I am not trying to be a graphic designer, I just want to be able to : size text to fit in specific measurments, pull logos and clean up, save and export in a format that is best for printing.  Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.