Multiple pages vs layers

Hi all!

I'm using CorelDraw since V4 :)

Using it to design multiple page documents holding text + graphics designs + some tables. It could be similar to Corel's own Content Manual or some kind of Catalog anyway.

So I'm preffering to keep each class element on its own layer (ie, text on text, lines on lines, one graphics element on other layer etc). In many cases document must been updated, new elements added and old shifted to to other pages ie I'm doing cut and paste operations locking certain layers and staying at one to be sure, it will be coped on right layer. Then I need select only one class, say text, and adjust on several pages..

Now imagine how the new system (what I found in X4) helps Me?

Every layer on every page is seperated, its properties (locked, visible etc) and even current layer!!

Yes, there are Master layers, which can be locked, hided etc at all pages. But the content of Master layere also are on all pages! In some documents its very helpfull to have independent guidelines on each page, but c'mon guys! You've maded multiple page document as multiple-file one!! I really hope, that SP1 will have some fix for that.

There are few sugestions to UI designers, how to made X4 usable for such cases again:

1) Allowing to select multiple pages again (ie "select all pages" and then made changes in layer properties, even maybe virtually - only in object manager)

2) Making one more checkbox "have the same conent on all pages" for master layers properties or making even third class of layers ("croslayers")

3) Let users choose the layer system (we can choose workspace, why not the layer system?)

But right now I'm searching for my Designer 12 instalation (which btw was most stable version from all before), becouse new layer system makes my work completely senselessness :(

PS. While searching for solution of this problem, I've read some references to "hard" discussions about new layer system, but as it appears, its only at beta forum?