Huss died unexpectedly. A best-selling author, award winner, and comedian,
he was never at a loss for words or spirit. He and I exchanged emails just a
couple of months ago and there was no indication at the time of any health
problem at all.

I do not know any details yet and if other people do, I would be grateful
for them sharing with us.

Rick Altman

• RickAltman said:
    The Corel community lost a long-time advocate and member this week -- David Huss died unexpectedly

Hi Rick,

David wrote the first book I'd ever bought about Corel products - for Photo-Paint 8. I enjoying his wacky humor along the way, but ultimately learned many useful & practical things that laid a strong foundation for what was to come in my own Corel-related endeavors.

One of the lines in the introduction to that book was: "If you're not having fun with Photo-Paint, you're probably doing something wrong."

I believe in that 100%. A good reminder to "play" in Photo-Paint and see what happens.

The Titan & Guru that David was should inspire all of us to reach high standards of productivity and effectiveness with our own lives. He'd certainly done that with his. David's accomplishments are both remarkable and irrefutable.

Jeff Harrison
  • Hi Rick

Though I don't know much about David, I do understand from your and Jeff's posts, the loss to the community of CDGS users. May his soul rest in peace.

RickAltman said:
    The Corel community lost a long-time advocate and member this week -- David
    Huss died unexpectedly.

• My prayers go out the the family and many friends of  fellow transplanted Texan, David Huss. May he Rest in Peace.

My first book on Corel PhotoPaint was written by David. It was on Version 10 and it still sits in a prominent place on my desk hutch. Within arms reach I might add. His wit and humor made reading book most enjoyable. I still refer to it often although I am now using X4,

Jack Ross 

Austin Amercian-Statesman Obituary

• Hi Rick,

I am sorry you had to be the bearer of sad news, but thank you for doing so. David was a great writer and a great personality. I pass on my condolences to David's family and close friends. I am sure he is smiling down upon us from a better place.

Best regards,
    Brian.

• Hi Rick, It is of great sadness when I read about your news

I did not know the man but I have read an amount of his tutorials and learnt some of the basics from his tutorials he will be sadly missed

Joe