Getting weird "random" star shapes in prints to xerox docucolor 242 from coreldraw - fine from acrobat

When I print to my brand new xerox docucolr 242 with bustled Fiery RIP I'm getting some weird "random shape" stars on the page when I print from Draw X3 or Draw X4. If I use publish to PDF and print the same page from acrobat, everything is fine. On one page there is a gray "star" shape covering half the page. On another there is a black "star" over much of the content and a white "star" over another part of the page. I started using the same postscript settings in draw that I've used with my canon printers for years without issues. i've tried postscript 2, 3, and conform to DSC in corel's postscript tab. I've also tried the flatness to 1 just to see if it would make a difference, but no change. A few simple pages are fine, but most of my pages are printing with these weird knockout stars to the xerox driver (latest dc242 driver, windows vista os. From acrobat everything is fine. Also if I rasterize the whole page everything is fine, but that's losing a lot of quality and really bloating the print size.) Anyone see something like this before or have any ideas?