X7 Dimension macro

I created a SIMPLE macro that worked great in for X4. I can't get it to work in X7. I'm not going to give the code as it uses a "less than desired" method. basically cuts and pastes the selected item, imports a dimensions.cdr file that is nothing more than four corner marks with dimensions added to them. It then takes the upper right corner and aligns to the upper right of the selected and does the same for all the corners then deletes those corners leaving the dimension lines, then some more confusing stuff

I assigned my macro a hot key whereby I can select a shape/object/image etc. and hit the letter d and it would instantly drop in the dimensions for that object. I could select any other object and hit the letter d and get dimensions placed on that object. It retained them as dimensions but not locked to the object. So you could select them as a whole, move them around and/or and scale them up or down and the dimensions would change accordingly. That's exactly how I want it to work! SIMPLE. I don't have to choose any other options or hit any other keys etc. 

It will only let you do it once in X7. If you try to dimension another shape it creates the dimensions but they're locked to the shape and other duplicated shapes are inserted.

Corel should have this feature already. You should be able to select any one item and hit a button to get what is seen below.

Anyone have any suggestions? It's macro our company would be willing to pay for if it worked exactly how we want.