Corel PhotoPaint X7 can't open my TIFF files

Hi everyone,

Whenever I try to open a TIFF file with PhotoPaint X7 the software crashes. 

I notice that a similar problem was described in PhotoPaint X5 almost 5 years ago (post titled "Cannot open any of my TIFF files in Photopaint X5")

Has a solution been found to this yet does anyone know?  Is there any way of fixing it? 

TIFFs are a relatively major uncompressed file format.  It is a nuisance having to switch to photoshop whenever I have to work with TIFFs.

The images open in Photoshop, windows explorer and windows photo viewer.  There doesn't seem to be any way of contacting Corel directly about the problem unless you are within 30 days of purchasing the software (which I am not).  Any thoughts anyone had would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Heaps,

Haydn

• You'll need to give an example of a non-confidential tiff that does not open to stand a chance of this being investigated. Most tiffs do work, so without a specific test file, it is impossible to guess what the problem might be. TIFF is not controlled by a proper independent standards body and some programs put things in tiff files that are not part of the base specification -- though it would be better of Corel ignored the unexpected content rather than crashing,

If the file is up to 512Kb you can upload it here (go to the use rich formatting link when you reply and then look for the insert media icon). Above 512Kb you'll need to post it somewhere like dropbox and post a link.

• What application last saved the TIF file?