Eskimo's macro - Saved Layer Settings

I've written a macro that I call "Saved Layer Settings". I will refer to it here as "SLS". My plan is to describe it in a series of posts in this thread.

What does SLS do?

SLS reads and displays information about layers:

• SLS shows a list of all page layers for the active page.

• For each of those page layers, SLS shows the settings (visibility, printability, editability) for that layer.

• SLS shows a list of all master layers that are applicable to the active page. This includes all "all pages" layers, and also "odd pages" or "even pages" layers as appropriate depending on the odd/even status of the active page.

• For each of those master layers, SLS shows the general document-wide settings (visibility, printability, editability) for that layer.

• For each of those master layers, SLS also shows any page-based overrides (for visibility, printability, editability) that are in effect for that layer for the active page.

• Layer settings are shown as follows:

• For visibility, "V" indicates visible; a dot in that column indicates not visible.

• For printability, "P" indicates printable; a dot in that column indicates not printable.

• For editability, "E" indicates editable; a dot in that column indicates not editable

• From within SLS, one can change which page in the document is active. After such a change, the form is updated to reflect the new active page.

• Instead of a regular page, one can choose "Master Page". When that is chosen, the form shows all master layers in the document, including both "odd pages" and "even pages" layers.

Screenshot with Page 2 active:

• The "E" markers in the Odd/Even column show that ML 5 and ML 6 are "even pages" layers.

Screenshot with Page 1 active:

• The "O" markers in the Odd/Even column show that ML 3 and ML 4 are "odd pages" layers.

• General document-wide settings for ML 1 are visible, printable, and editable, but there are page overrides in effect on this page to make that layer not visible, not printable, and not editable.

• General document-wide settings have the Document Grid set to not visible, but a page override is in effect on this page to make it visible.

Screenshot with "Master Page" chosen:

More to come...

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save