How do I add borders and grommets without the extension?

I have X8, I am retired but helping out a local NFP group by creating a banner for an art show. My X8 support has expired and I never knew that I needed an extension to do borders & grommets for banners as I did not require it while working as a graphic designer. Is there a way for me to get the extension now? Or, is there a way I can do it manually without the extension?

Any help would e greatly appreciated. Thanks

• I never used the extension, I just made the page size the size of the banner, placed a rectangle 2" wider and higher centered on the page. I added a page frame to show the trim and added my copy. I published the PDF with 1" bleed with crops for output.

I told either my guy or the outside vendor how many grommets and if I wanted end grommets.  They always center, they do make banners every day.

• Much like David, I made a macro to do grommets and such. 95% of our banners are done in house. I make the page size 2 inches larger than the finished size. i.e. 2'x6' = 26"x74". Double-click the rectangle tool to place the initial rectangle to page. I then hit my macro to create the necessary rectangles for cutting/hemming. Right-click the rectangle that represents the finished size and run another macro to drop grommets to the corners. The grommets have "dots" in the centers. I then duplicate a grommet a number of times to get the right amount equal across the top. Our grommets are typically every 24" so on a 2x6 manner there would be grommets top and bottom. Once approved for print I use another macro to delete all the dimensions, delete all elements that make up the grommets except the dots, and also change the outer rectangle to have a black outline which is used for the cut. The next rectangle is the fold line. All sounds complicated but once you get the hang of it it's pretty fast. If outsourcing we just send it at the finished size with no markings for grommets or anything. You just tell them grommet placement.