I love working here. I love working on the products we make, I love working with the people in the office and I love working with our users around the world.

Unfortunately, Paul McGee, one of our beloved users, testers, and friends,  passed away on January 28th.   Paul worked closely with us on Ventura and a few versions of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite and he was always looking out for his needs and the needs of others.  To say Paul could push software to its limits would be an understatement. He had a good idea of how he thought things should work and would invest time and knowledge in communicating that to all of us here.

In lieu of flowers, Paul's family has asked for donations to be sent to the Canadian Diabetes Foundation.

God’s speed Paul,
Tony

• I am ever so sorry to hear this news.

Paul and I corresponded many times mostly about DataBase Publisher and Ventura. However, Paul also loved Trains. Well, you don't need to say much more to get me going about my own love for all things to do with the railroad - especially the Canadian railroad.

Back in 2007 when Linda and I were preparing to move to Ireland, Paul told me that he was nearing completion of a DVD from 8mm film, of trains from 1959 - 1962. In fact, here's a quote from his email (any who know me, know that I never delete email):

"54 minutes of steam, diesel, oil electric cars in Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick (4-4-0s) and Nova Scotia."

Paul was retired then ... or as he puts it, "so-called retired".  Evidently, Paul kept busy working on projects that were meaningful to him, and that gave him enjoyment.

He must've been really close to Bill Gates too ... cuz you'd often hear Paul refer to him as no one else would, "Willy Gates". They must've been childhood friends, do you think? ha ha

I'm happy to have worked on a few projects with Paul - even simply as an extra set of eyes to work out a particularly difficult database publishing problem (he was always good at finding the most challenging scenario)

Isn't it odd to have come to know someone well enough that you feel an attachment, and yet, perhaps having never met in person. Well, odd maybe ... but fulfilling.

To his family who may be reading these comments, perhaps most of whom had no idea of just how many lives Paul has touched, just in his dealings with these mysterious online communities: Our hearts go out to you for your loss.

Life is a journey - a train journey! For most of it we are in the dining and observation cars, taking the views and enjoying the experience. Inevitably we need to retire to the sleeping car. And there we wait until we arrive at the destination.

Allan & Linda Shearer

Ireland

• I always admired and respected his precise observations concerning the matters opined in this Forum. As a final tribute, I hope that McGee has reached Paradise, with a smooth transition, as if he were lifted by the Corel´s balllon, gently blown by angels. Rest in peace, Paul.

• I am so very sorry to hear this. He will be missed.

-John

• I've been away for a while and when I saw a post on another forum it was saddening. He's done much for the CGS Suite and will be missed dearly. My heartfelt sympathy to his family and loved ones.

• Such sad news - peace be with you.