Has Corel's pricing skyrocketed?

I just received an email that informed me that my CorelDraw Suite monthly subscription has almost TRIPLED!

I thought this must surely be in error and went to Coreldraw.com to see the latest pricing... has Corel gone bonkers? Are they actually TRYING to drive people towards Adobe products?

Both the once-off and subscription prices have escalated enormously. I don't think I'll be able to justify using Corel over Adobe to the boss anymore, especially after the v2019 fiasco where we literally found the software useless and a danger to productivity due to all the bugs...

Shouldn't Corel Corp be mending fences instead of burning bridges?

Parents
No Data
  • I'm looking for what new that would make me update...

• Better integration and pre loading of PP in the background when using Draw... NUP it load a fresh copy for every image
    • Broader 48bit support... NUP no plugin supported in 48 bit
    • The tone curve, that most basic of stuff, moving the control point horizontally on the scale. Let alone the lack of effort to develop on screen over image controllers like Photoshop.

This is crap that I've been asking to have put on the to do list for for 12 versions. It's not some impossible to code stuff. Even an artificial intelligence managing the development list would put this stuff at the top of the list.

There is just no point in adding things most of us will never use and doing nothing about the improving dare I say at this point in a software's development, PERFECTING the very basic stuff that is so important to everyday work.

I just can't see why I would pay the most expensive subscription when what I most need isn't being perfected, what I'll never use it added and when the product is being laughed at professionally for lacking in the basics after so many versions.

Obviously their are blockages within the management of COREL that are prevented the necessary effort and directing attention to "features" that look on the surface to be an essential reason to update. You can't tell me that there are not people within Corel that use Photoshop and know for a fact that PP is *** in need of a full code clean up from the bottom up!

Children