CorelDraw2020 crashing repeatedly

I just bought CorelDraw2020 since I had so many problems with 2019.  And it's crashing all the time!  I'm doing normal actions - selecting, using the shape tool, on standard .cdr files.  I try to save all the time, but I can't save every 10 seconds, and I keep losing a few minutes of work with every crash (not to mention restarting the program and opening all my files.)  What is going on?  

To clarify: first the program freezes, then it just closes.

Parents
  • Exactly the same problem here, both with CorelDraw and CorelPaint 2020 on Win 10 64-bit, that shut down when opening a file edited just a short time ago.  They ran problem free just for 2 weeks or so.  No, no other program has problems like this and the previous version of Corel Suite ran fine for years before it became completely obsolete.  Having the blame pushed on the system is like getting slapped in the face in addition.  Shame!

• Having the blame pushed on the system is like getting slapped in the face in addition.

NO... you have to absolutely rule out hardware issues first. Just because one program works and another doesn't, doesn't rule out hardware. That's not me being protective about Corel. I'm not that sort of Corel friend. NONE of us are protective of Corel when it come to software errors.

I can't test this for you as I'm not using 2020. I've got my own errors that go on in 2018 the major one being a strange refresh issue that comes and goes.

You really haven't provided the information needed to get real help. You are just complaining into thin air like a royal couple about racism.

If you have a 2020 software issue people want to know about that. I can't help you beyond what you are willing to do to help yourself or beyond my skill level. But we will always be honest with you in this forum. Some of use have been sticking the knife into Corel to get errors fixed for over 20 years now. And something we are wrong. And being wrong is an embarrassment period. People here have been pushing for more from Corel consistently over so long that Corel has changed hands 4-5 times and developers have come and gone.

We persist outside of the time and space of Corel's various incarnations.

There are times when Corel support have the answers you seek. Even for me! They have the stats on errors that cause issues, we do not. They understand the complication of the licensing system and in my experience suffer a little from "we told you what to do" but didn't tell you how critical a particular step is, which is necessary for humans that take shortcuts, as you do.

If the problem is instability like you describe and there aren't 10s of threads about it, then you really do have to start with hardware. You can't fix a problem in software is you have a hardware error but you can make one hell of a mess of the OS and end up have to install everything from scratch.

What I'm seeing in the world around me are memory errors, on my own hardware and on client machines.

Hence you need to make some real attempt to list your hardware. If you hardware is more than 4 years old then look for memory errors first!

If you are not providing the sort of background information required then the solutions offered may not apply.

So don't be a smarty pants in here with your "Shame" when the shame of it is you provided squat information to get help.

Reply Children