CorelDraw2020 crashing repeatedly

I just bought CorelDraw2020 since I had so many problems with 2019.  And it's crashing all the time!  I'm doing normal actions - selecting, using the shape tool, on standard .cdr files.  I try to save all the time, but I can't save every 10 seconds, and I keep losing a few minutes of work with every crash (not to mention restarting the program and opening all my files.)  What is going on?  

To clarify: first the program freezes, then it just closes.

Parents
No Data
  • Just to add to the confusion. I have been having this issue happen randomly for about three months now. I'm working, the screen freezes and then Corel 2020 crashes without saving anything. Sometimes it waits until I hit the save icon and then crashes, again, without saving anything. I was actually doing a Google search today because it happened again and stumbled across this thread.

When Corel crashed on me this morning I got an error message I'd never seen before. It flashed up really quickly just before the crash. I couldn't screen shot it but it said something to the effect of "text embedded as object can not be edited". I was working with client supplied artwork and they had provided me with three different options. An AI, an EPS and a PNG. I changed out the EPS I had been using for the AI they provided and the issue went away.

I opened the EPS in another page and tore it apart looking for embedded text but couldn't find anything. I also noticed I could edit and save the EPS as long as it wasn't in my presentation page that I send for client approval. As soon as I opened it in my presentation page and clicked save, it crashed again.

This is obviously above my pay grade but I'm hoping this information might be helpful in resolving this issue to someone more experienced than me.

Note: I have been working for this company for nearly six years and the presentation page is the same one I have used since day one. This issue has suddenly appeared about three months ago and is completely random in occurrence. I am mentioning this is case someone thinks the text in the presentation page is contributing to the problem. Thank you.

Children