Trimming Objects Function Not Working Properly

Often when I select 2 objects and then use the 'Back Minus Front' function, the resulting curve or object is messed up. Parts of it may be correct, but other sections of the object are skewed or completely missing. My work around has been to use the Smart Fill tool, and then welding the pieces together. But now this too is problematic, not to mention time consuming. Since this newest subscription version of CorelDraw, I feel like there are so many bugs and issues. Problems that never occurred or rarely occurred in previous versions. Anyone have some ideas on how to solve this issue??? I spend more time than ever trying to work around these bugs than I do actually creating. I'm thinking I may have to go to Illustrator even though I really really don't want to.

• FWIW, I use Trim, Intersect and Weld all the time and get perfect results most of the times.

The times they fail is often because the objects are extremely complex or have nodes or curves that in some way are incorrect, like duplicated subcurves or node handles running in the wrong direction.
    Select the curve with the Shape tool and see if it looks suspicious in any way, maybe select all nodes and run Reduce Nodes from Property Bar.
    You may also try welding an object to itself to clean up the curves.

I know these are workarounds but like I said, I very rarely have to do anything to create a perfect result with the Shaping commands.

I suggest you assign shortcut keys to the most commonly used Shaping commands, to make for example "weld to itself" a quick operation.
    I have Alt+W for Weld, Alt+A for Intersect and Alt+C for Trim.