Edit Text within an Envelope?

I've been testing out the Mac version of Coreldraw for work as we'd like to get rid of running Windows on our iMac machines if possible. I've run into this major issue:

In the Windows version, you can edit text in an envelope by just clicking on it with the text tool. A dialog box opens up to edit the text. This is not the case in the Mac version of Coreldraw. The only way you can "edit" text in envelopes is if you do a find and replace action. This is not ideal in the slightest. This is a critical feature for where I work. This is how we have templates for designs so the text always auto stretches to the size of the envelope. Can this Windows ability be added to the Mac version? 

Another issue with text in the Mac version is if you want to adjust the kerning of the letters of text, you can only do this if the text is a highlighted selection. If it isn't, the kerning option is greyed out. Why? This again effects the text in envelopes as since you cannot select the text in the envelope, you cannot adjust kerning. 

These are, in my opinion, huge issues with the Mac version of Coreldraw. The company I work for would buy multiple licenses for the Mac version if these major issues were fixed.