Stability of CorelDRAW 2023

Program crashes unexpectedly while performing various tasks (e.g., saving, printing, copying, pasting, etc., etc.). So far no tweaks suggested by Corel tech support over the last 3 months have resolved the problem. I exclusively use CorelDRAW to make life/safety diagrams of medical facilities. Typical workflow is to import PDF of existing diagram, ungroup, edit, save, and export new diagram to PDF for distribution.  I am an experienced CDGS user, and am using a new Dell computer (plenty of RAM, good GPU, Windows 11, and all the software is up to date. Crashes less often when I perform my edits at a snail’s pace, but even then it crashes unexpectedly…seems like the program is having a problem managing multi-tasks. I’m sure that other CorelDRAW users have experienced this problem and hopefully found a solution. I joined the CorelDRAW community to find a solution. HELP!

Parents
No Data
  • Update: Corel tech requested copy of my WinAudit Report and MSINFO32 Report. Uploaded the reports. A few days later he requested and I gave him remote access to my computer and he experienced CD crash. Over the next hour he remotely (1) deleted old versions of Microsoft Visual C ++ (2) repaired needed version of Microsoft Visual C++ (3) Deleted temp files (4) Renamed the Corel Folder to Corel.old (5) Reset the CorelDraw workspace. He ran CD and monitored resources and said my system was good for CDGS but I should consider adding more RAM. After the remote session ended I ran CDGS for another hour or so without any problems, and I ordered up another 16GM of RAM. I installed the RAM a few days later and ran CDGS for a couple of hours without any problem. A few days later CDGS started crashing again. I duplicated what the tech did (i.e., deleting temp files, etc.) and CDGS started running okay again, but it started crashing again a few days later. Another Corel technician was brought in and we followed the same steps but this time the tech had me update to the latest driver for my graphics card (note: neither windows update or the Dell maintenance tool identified that a newer driver was available from Intel) and reset the font database. Again, CDGS worked okay for a few days before starting to crash unexpectedly. I’m now back to saving work after completing each action and hoping it doesn’t crash. This all tells me clearly that the problem is with the software and not with my computer, but I’m so heavily invested in CDGS that I’m stuck with it. Now considering saving my CDGS files in the 2017 version, totally removing CDGS 23 and installing 2017 and using the older version because that may be the only way to eliminate the crashing problem.

Children
No Data