Commands not easily accessible

Hello Community,

I am just starting using Corel Draw 2024, and I am struggling with some commands despite of having experience with Adobe Illustrator

I tried to get some basic shapes from Common Shapes, but I could not locate it in the Tools bar. It should be included with the Rectangle or Polygon tools group, and I could not even find a way to enable it. 

I found another way to get access to this option in Tool>Options>Customization, but it shows that option is not assigned to anything

How can I assign this option to the Polygon's group?

Also, when I try to combine 2 shapes, it seems Corel requires extra steps to do something so simple. The properties bar clearly shows the combine option, but when I click on it, the shapes are not combined and the properties bar just changes

Is there a way to make this task straightforward so when I click on Combine both shapes are merged, similar to Illustrator?

Parents
  • I tried to get some basic shapes from Common Shapes, but I could not locate it in the Tools bar.

Common Shapes is in the Polygon tool flyout menu by default.
    If you want to add it to another place in the Toolbox, do this:

Press the Polygon tool icon for one second to open the flyout menu.
    Press and hold the Ctrl + Alt keys simultaneously.
    Drag the Common Shapes command from the flyout menu to another place in the Toolbox, and drop it.

This will create a copy of the Common Shapes icon.
    If you want to move it instead, use Alt without Ctrl when moving.

Reply Children