Macros Schmacros....ChatGPT failed...can you assist?

I have sucessfully created a number of macros which have greatly improved my workflow

Sometimes on my own (I am a complete noob to scripting) and somethimes with the help of ChatGPT (it is amazing ...usually)

But it is struggling with this "simple" task

Macro workflow should be as follows

1) select all objects on the stage (ie within the boundaries of the page size)

2) convert to bitmap

3) export bitmap to transpaent png to a directory of my choice (set in the macro) and increment the filename by 1 each time - so if image1.png then next should be image2.png

Prior to that I will manually save the cdr file

I dont want to have to click on any subsequent buttons regarding quality - just use the max settings

Now compared with what I have gotten Chatgpt to do for me previously this should be a walk in the park but ...no

It is mainly having problems with squishing the file - it's not being set to the same aspect ratio

Can anyone suggest a script that would work...or give me suggestions to ask Chatgpt to try.

Pretty please....Ive been all afternoon with ChatGPT and whilst it is trying it's hardest ..it's failing

Parents
  • You might look at my Quick Export macro.

The only thing it falls short on is that it doesn't name the files in the way that you described. It can, however, use the document file name, append date/time text to that, and perform the save operation without any dialog. When used in that way, it saves to the most recent location used by the macro.

Reply Children