How can I make a diary with a date and a mini calendar on every day of the year

How can I make a diary with a date and a mini calendar on every day of the year?

So, I want to design a portrait A5 Diary with a row of appointments on the left. A header date is at the top right, and a mini-month calendar is under that. The rest of the page has a column titled 'Things To Do'.

I will have no problem designing that, but applying the daily date and mini-month has got to be a bit vexing, and I can't find a tutorial for this yet.

• I found this, but is there a script for automating the mini-month calendar in conjunction with the VBA dateline?

Designing a diary with a date and mini-month calendar on every page using CorelDRAW Suite is possible but might seem a bit tedious without automation. However, CorelDRAW does offer some tools to simplify the process, particularly using macros and master pages.

Here's a step-by-step approach to creating this design efficiently:

1. Set up your A5 page layout:
    • Open CorelDRAW and start a new document.
    • Set your document size to A5 Portrait.
    • Set the appropriate margins for your diary layout.
    1. Create the Template (Master Page):
    • Master Page: In CorelDRAW, a master page allows you to design elements that will appear on every page of your document.
    • In the Object Manager (Window > Dockers > Object Manager), create a Master Page.
    • Add elements like the "Appointments" row, "Things To Do" column, and your preferred design. These will appear consistently on all pages.
    1. Design the Header with the Date:
    • On your first page, add a text box in the top right for the header date.
    • If you have different fonts and sizes for the date, set them up now for style consistency.
    1. Automate the Date with a Macro:
    • Unfortunately, CorelDRAW doesn't have a built-in date automation feature like Microsoft Word. However, you can use VBA Macros to automate the date generation.
    • You would write a macro to increment the date for each page. Here’s a rough outline of how to proceed:
      • Activate Macros: Go to Tools > Macros > Macro Manager and create a new macro.
      • Write a simple macro to generate text boxes for the date and increment them daily across each page.
      • If you're unfamiliar with VBA, you may find some pre-made date-incrementing macros on CorelDRAW forums, which you can customize to your needs.
    1. Insert a Mini-Calendar:
    • Design a mini-calendar for a given month (you can use Table or individual text and line elements to create this).
    • Once you have the mini-calendar for one month:
      • Copy-Paste for Each Month: Copy your mini-calendar and modify it for each month.
      • Manually place each mini-calendar on the corresponding pages.
    • Automation: Alternatively, you could use a similar macro-based approach to populate mini-calendars, though this is more complex since it would require some programming logic for calendar layout.
    1. Duplicate Pages and Increment Dates:
    • Once you've created the first page with all the design elements, duplicate the page for the number of days (365 or 366 for leap years).
    • Use the date automation macro to increment the date for each new page.
    • Manually place the mini-calendars or automate them with a more advanced macro.
    1. Export or Print:
    • Once your pages are complete, you can export your entire project as a PDF or send it to print.

Tips:

• Date Macro: You can search for date macros or VBA scripts specific to CorelDRAW forums or request help from the CorelDRAW user community.
    • Mini-Calendars: You can design 12 mini-month templates (one for each month) and copy-paste them on each page. This part will still be somewhat manual if not automated with macros.

By utilizing CorelDRAW’s macros and master page features, you can speed up what would otherwise be a highly manual process.

4o

Top of Form

Download the latest iOS or Android app to try advanced voice mode

Get more natural, real-time conversations with advanced voice

Bottom of Form