Community Challenge: Create "Blended" Flowers

Seeing Jesus Cota's cool-looking blend tool flowers here inspired this challenge.  Take two different or similar shapes and use the Blend tool to create ethereal type flowers. Play with colors, rotations and blend options to see what happens. Here are my first three examples. If you want, please show the two shapes you used to make your flower.

Have fun!
Patti

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Patti, Jesus Coates and your work is just great I have been looking at these type of designs for quite some time and your post and Jesus post finally clicked for me on how to make these designs on the p/c

I have just made my first design using your method

and for your information this type of design was first produced on a ivory and wood turning machine around 1850 to 1885 yes I know that might seem impossible but they were produced on a attachment called a rose engine and the wood lathe was produced by Holtzapffel and co whose family made wood lathes from the early 1600 to about 1916 their is a large verity of these machines made over this time about 2,500 approx not all had the full rose engine capability but can turn amazing things

I am very lucky as I own a Holtzappel and can turn amazing designs on any surface it is a slow process and the next design that I post can be produced on my lath I mainly use perspect or bone or very hard timbers

Naturally of course this was produced in draw but originally produced on my lathe this is a barly corn type design.

you also may not know that Ross Edwards wrote a book < micro computer art > in 1985 on producing this type of image and programing on a commodor 64 and other computers of that era and his reference to research listed books that were at least 100 years old

for me to be able to combine woodturning and corel draw has been fantastic

another image that I will post is a sample of my turning of a chess piece

The base has a barley corn patern around the base 96 interlocking circles 1/4 inches high

thank you

Joe

Children