Opening Really Old Versions of Corel Files

I'm running CorelDRAW 2022 on a Windows 10 Home 64-bit machine with 16 GB RAM. I have some old files I created back in 1994 with CorelDRAW 4 (4.04) and 5 (5.1). I would like to open them and save them in a more modern version but 2022 doesn't go back that far. I actually have my original CorelDRAW 5 install CDs and product key, but the application won't install with my modern operating system. I'd prefer not to have to set up a whole different machine with Windows 98 or XP, but let's assume I do. My questions are:

* Assuming I can open these files in CorelDRAW 5, what file format can I save them in that will allow me to open them with CorelDraw 2022?
* Does anyone know a way I can bypass that hassle and somehow import the old files in CorelDRAW 2022?

* Are there any utilities (not by Corel) that would allow me to open and/or convert these old files?

Thanks all!

Parents
No Data
  • CorelDraw v5 won't be of any help. Best bet is to find a copy of CorelDraw X5 (this is the last version that will open pre v6 files), then use the File Converter included with that version to automatically save all your files to X5 (copies obviously, keep the originals) X5 runs fine on Win 7 64 bit but you might need to tweak the compatability status on installation in Win10. Failing that you will need a virtual machine (XP Mode works fine) to run X5. I am planning on setting up an XP virtual machine when I upgrade from Win 7 because i still use CorelTrace v12 on a regular basis.

No and No to the last two points.

Children