How to open really old cdr files?

Hello all,

I just recovered some old CD-Rs from the dust and they contains my old works done at least 20 years ago.

The file format start from cdr versione 3.0. Unfortunately I only have native cdr files a few PDFs.

Is there a way to open/convert them to current format? I don't mind converting the corel fonts.

TIA

tony

Parents
No Data
  • Current versions of CorelDRAW won't open or import CorelDRAW CDR files made prior to version 6. For a long time (going back to the 1990's) various releases of CorelDRAW wouldn't open CDR files made prior to version 3. None of that makes any sense. It just seems like an arbitrary policy Corel chose to code into CorelDRAW.

The main rival to CorelDRAW (on the professional end) is Adobe Illustrator. The current version of that application can open any prior version AI or EPS file going back to the late 1980's. The app can even save files down to very early version formats (such as version 3 and 8). CorelDRAW can't do that either.

Inkscape can import CDR files made in early versions, such as version 3. But the import results are going to be very unpredictable. I don't know of any other applications off-hand that can import CDR files. Rival applications like Illustrator and Affinity Designer have no CDR import filters.

Children