WIA

So we are are all aware that Twain is not supported by Corel or Windows now, which makes most of my scanners useless. The other way is to use WIA which has few controls and when I use it to acquire image in Corel 8 or 19 it brings in the image as if it was 400px on my 72px monitor. In other words the image which should be 11.5 x17 is now huge. Since I am using the scanner to copy patterns into the computer so I can trace them, they have to be exact. I have no idea how to make the image the correct size because the WIA box doesn't have any measurements/sizes other than the px, I was hoping to scan to 72 and see it that would work but it won't allow for a scan smaller than 100px.
Can someone help me.
Thanks
Oriole

Parents
No Data
  • I have a somewhat old Epson flatbed scanner. I have to use Epson's own "Epson Scan" utility to do any flatbed scanning work. You might check and see if the company that made your scanner has a scanning utility that is compatible with current versions of Windows.

Thankfully my Epson scanner connects to the computer via USB rather than a dead cable standard like SCSI. In the 2000's I literally gave away a Linotype-Hell SCSI-based scanner; I paid around $1200 for that thing in the late 1990's. The scanner was pretty nice. It hurt getting rid of it, but all it was doing was consuming desk space. Film scanners have been going the same route.

Children