Need to remove text but keep background.

here is what I'm trying to do.

I have a scanned guest pass that is 2 color. The pass is in jpg format. although i can put it in any format necessary.

I need to change the "800" numbers on the pass. To the new number.

is it possible to remove them( numbers) and replace them, while keeping the background of the pass the same. if that make sense. I have Corel 6.

thanks,

Parents
No Data
  • Since, erasing the numbers is going to be a tough/impossible job, here's a couple of other suggestions:

[1] Do you have to "erase" the numbers at all? If they are towards the bottom, can you just block out the old numbers with a colored rectangle and put the numbers on top of the new rectangle?

[2] If the numbers are, indeed, towards the bottom, maybe you could just crop them out. You'd wind up with a smaller badge, but it will probably be easier enlarging the image and adding your new numbers cleanly on top of the number-free image.

[3] You say the jpg is only 2 colors. Is it something that can be re-created easily? 

Post a picture of what you're dealing with.

It will be easier for us to understand.  Someone may come up with a great idea.

PS Like Foster said, ver. 6 is about  15  (Yikes) years old.....that's ancient in computer years. You may want to think about upgrading.

Children
No Data