clip mask

Corel Photo Paint X4

I have an object with a clip mask.

I post a new object.

How do I drag the clip mask existing in the new object?

I tried to drag with the mouse, but it closes the program.

I speak bad English. I'm Italian

Thanks

Parents
  • Domimari said:

How do I drag the clip mask existing in the new object?

You can't do that directly in X4; copying/moving a clip mask from object to object was introduced in X5 or X6, can't remember which one it was. You can perform the operation very quickly in X4 if you add 2 shortcut buttons to your toolbar. Get the shortcuts as follows:

1. click on Tools>Customization>Commands
    2. choose Mask in the drop-down menu and drag "Alpha Channel Load List" to a toolbar
    3. choose Object in the drop-down list and drag "From Mask" to your toolbar (best have both shortcuts side by side)

To use these shortcuts proceed as follows...we'll pretend we want to copy a clip mask from Object 1 to Object 2:

1. select the Clip Mask on Object 1 (click on the Clip Mask thumbnail in the Object Docker)
    2. click on the Alpha Channel Load List shortcut button. It creates a normal mask from the Clip Mask
    3. select Object 2
    4. click on the From Mask shortcut (creates a clip mask from the mask)

Done!!

You may wish to do yourself a favour and add shortcuts for clipmask from mask, clipmask from inverted mask, mask from path, mask from Channel, paste as new selection, paste into selection. I couldn't live without these shortcuts.

Best regards,
    Brian.

Reply Children
No Data