how do I save transparent png from photopaint x4?

I have a cpt image that has a single object with transparency applied as a gradient from 100 to 0 via the interactive transparency tool. I would like to export this as a transparent png for web use. However, photopaint x4 doesn't seem to allow me to do this - I get a message that object(s) will be merged, and then no option to maintain the transparency.

My workaround is to save it as a psd from photopaint, open in photoshop, and then use photoshop's export for the web. But there must be a direct way to do it in x4, right?

Parents
No Data
  • Island said:

I have a cpt image that has a single object with transparency applied as a gradient from 100 to 0 via the interactive transparency tool. I would like to export this as a transparent png for web use. However, photopaint x4 doesn't seem to allow me to do this - I get a message that object(s) will be merged, and then no option to maintain the transparency.

It's a semi-false warning. :-) See attached. note that in some ver of PP you need to "save as" instead of export for masked button option to appear in dialog. The reality is that PNG's support a flattened image with one 8-bit alpha channel. So the file IS being merged to a single background in a technical sense.

Island said:

My workaround is to save it as a psd from photopaint, open in photoshop, and then use photoshop's export for the web. But there must be a direct way to do it in x4, right?

The best way is to use CorelDRAW, for the reason that PP influences the final content upon export during the flattening process. It's odd and it took time to wrap my own head around it. see my upcoming post...

Children