Can't install CorelDraw x6 in Windows 8 x64

Keep trying to install the trial version on my Windows 8.1 box, the install window looks strange and won't even allow me to re-size to fit the window contents. This is what the window looks like and it just hangs there doing nothing. I have let it sit this way thinking something would eventually start and install would proceed, nothing. Cannot find any information on the web about this ...

What is the cause and is there any hope I can install x6 on Windows 8.1?

Parents
No Data
  • Hello. I'm not sure if you solved your problem or not... however, I will post my solution to hopefully help others out there with this or a similar issue. Formatting the harddrive and reloading Windows from scratch was NOT the answer for me. I needed a solution not to spend a ton of hours getting my computer back up and running from a reinstall.

I was getting the same error for X5, X6 and x7 of CorelDraw Suites and in order for me to install it, I needed to create a new local admin user on the computer. Once the new admin user was created and I was logged in as the new admin user, I was able to run the setup with no issues and setup completed normally. After installation completed, I then logged back in as my normal user (also a local admin) and verified that I could run the programs... and I could with no issues. So, something in my profile settings was causing the issue, I don't know what, however, creating the new admin user for the install solved the install problem. I deleted the new admin user once I knew everything was working as expected.

I hope this helps others.

All the best,

Jerry
Children
No Data