How to cdr repair corrupted image?

I'm using CorelDraw X3. Through it I can't correctly open my file, I see unknown image instead my graphic.

Parents
  • There's not so much you can do with X3 and earlier. X4 onwards are stored like zip files and you can often use a zip viewer to extract the graphics from them, but with X3 there are less options.

• Is it definitely an X3 file? If somebody else gave it to you, they could have saved it in a later version.
    • Is it definitely a CDR file? Its not unknown to accidentally save to some other format but give it a CDR extension.

Both of those you can verify if you open it in a hex editor such as PsPad and look at the top of the file:

Riff and CDR will confirm it is a CDR file and D will confirm it is version X3. If you don't have a hex editor you can open it in notepad -- it will (eventually) show you the top of the file, though not neatly laid out like the above.

PK as the first two characters means it is a zip file -- possibly X4 or later, but it could also be another type of zip file.

If it is an X3 file, some things you could try:

But first look in the same folder to see if there's a file named backup_of ... or autobackup of ... and search the machine for crash files ending in .cor -- any of which could possibly be an earlier version of your file.

Reply Children
No Data