So different from older versions

Sorry for being so graphically challenged.

I am simply trying to draw a rectangle with radius corners.  But, I am trying to duplicate this box with a slightly smaller inside box except my radius corners are not proportionate.

If I am using the fillet docker to duplicate the box, the corners remain as square and I cant seems to be able to dupe the boxes properly.

Any advice, besides taking up bowling, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Parents
No Data
  • No, golf can only get you into a hole, not out of it :)

I can't be sure without knowing the radius of your corners and the fillet distance that you are trying, but I am guessing you need to make the rounded corners of your original box bigger.

The radius of the corners of the inner box is the radius of the outer box minus the fillet distance. But this cannot work if the fillet distance exceeds the radius of the original corners -- so once that distance is exceeded the box must of course degrade to square corners.

Another way to avoid hitting that problem is to start by designing your inside box and then create the outer box using an external fillet. The outer fillet will always have rounded corners if the inside has, but the converse cannot always be true.
Children
No Data