files become too heavy to open, save & close any faster way?

i usually work on multiple page document

but sometimes it becomes it becomes tooo much heavyand took too much time on open, save, close, changing size on 1st page then corel took couple of seconds then again become normal after that i can be able to go on 2nd page and change size etc. there are lots of time when corel took too much time and sometime it crashes and all the work gone.. :(

is there some background process always run or something else which we can stop and make our corel faster?

can i lower the size of corel file and make it lighter or anything else on this ?

Parents
No Data
  • Hello.

Consider to start embedding bitmaps externally into your project.

If you do, then at project phase - your document will store lightweight, low resolution version of image. Editing, saving and loading will perform faster and file sizes will be many times lower.

And at the release day - once project is accepted you could release links and embed all your images from sources (assuming there are still available on your disk). This process will take a while. After you embed images from link - you will get your images in full resolution. Then your save/ print/ publish to PDF take longer and increase the size. But you will torment with this only once instead of every time doc is saved at design time.

When you forget to release the links and publish to PDF - CorelDRAW should try to get images on the fly automatically while it produces PDF document. But, I used to have issues and do not trust in that automatic embedding. When you work with external links - you should also beware on issue that if you edit doc on one computer then open and edit on another (that could have different path to source images) your links will be broken until you resolve path to images again. Broken links cannot be replaced with original full size images. Also when you have edited the source and changed aspect ratio of images - it could break your project design once will be embedded again, so that is another example why it is worth embed and control the final look before publish. 

I prefer to have total control of the process of embedding images links before PDF is produced. I can even automatically fix filepathes to source images even if project opened at another machine - this can be done by macro. Macro can also do additional optimization of content (automatic flattening, resample to 300 DPI /CMYK, produce single bitmap from all images and effects, convert to curves etc) and publish PDF that optimized content. If you are interested in that workflow read here:

Update, restore or resolve link for embedded or external bitmap in CorelDRAW

Manage and fix broken bitmap links for all images automatically in CorelDRAW

Project optimization and advanced export - prepress workflow for CorelDRAW

(useful for large projects where manual play to update links, optimize, save start to become a mess)

Children
No Data