Understanding the use of the Contour Tool

My primary purpose in using Corel Draw is to draw/make scroll saw patterns. Currently I am trying to make a heart shaped box. The instructions I obtained from a video which begins with the Basic Shapes tool, Perfect Shapes icon, select the shape of a heart and draw it on the worksheet. This is followed by making couple of copies of the heart shape for the top and bottom of the box - so far so good - understand what I am supposed to be doing. 

But the next steps are not clear to me and I am having a hard time grasping the meaning. Supposed to create a contour on the inside of the heart shape to match the interior walls of the box using the contour tool. I am lost at this stage. The information I am providing is likely not all that clear as well. But I can't grasp/visualize what this step is supposed to do. 

With this information, don't expect much help. Confusing.

Parents
No Data
  • I only use the contour tool to widen the bend path on sign cans so my experience is limited. Hywelharris is the man. Select the object and the contour tool, on the property bar the contour controls should appear, there are buttons to select direction and other control for number and width. For you select the inside button and see how it goes.

Children
No Data