How can I open some really old Version 5.1 files?

I have some ancient version 5.1 files with important contents which I need to use. When I want to open or import these files, I get a message that this version is no longer supported and cannot be opened. Is there a workaround? Can I perhaps install an older version of CorelDraw to open these files? I am using Windows 11. If so, where can I get hold of a Version 5 copy? If anybody knows an answer, I would sure appreciate it. Many thanks in appreciation. Stefan

Parents
  • X5 was the last version to be able to open pre v6 files. I have X5 installed on Windows 11 (install as administrator with compatability options), its not really useable as the UI colours are difficult to read, but as a file conversion application it works fine. And you can use the included FileConverter macro to convert all pre-v6 files to X5 files if you wish.

In Windows explorer add the Column, File Version. This will allow you to sort your old files. Copy all the pre v6 files to a temp folder.

Run X5 File Converter macro on these copied files in the temp folder to save them as X5 files. Move the original pre-v6 files to an archive folder and copy the converted files back into the original folder.

Reply Children
No Data