How can I open some really old Version 5.1 files?

I have some ancient version 5.1 files with important contents which I need to use. When I want to open or import these files, I get a message that this version is no longer supported and cannot be opened. Is there a workaround? Can I perhaps install an older version of CorelDraw to open these files? I am using Windows 11. If so, where can I get hold of a Version 5 copy? If anybody knows an answer, I would sure appreciate it. Many thanks in appreciation. Stefan

Parents
No Data
  • Aside from using an old version of CorelDRAW, it's possible to import CDR files into Inkscape. But the results can be unpredictable. I guess it's better than nothing.

I still don't understand why Corel chose to cut off file open/import support for CDR files made earlier than version 6. Support previously would extend back to version 3 CDR files. What's next? They'll cut off support for CDR files made before version 9 just because?

In principal, a current or recent version install of CorelDRAW ought to be able to open/import vintage CDR files made in any prior version. I can do that with Adobe Illustrator; it will open AI or EPS files made all the way back to the late 1980's.

Children
No Data