Workspace background in PPX7

Two questions/concerns regarding PPX7...I cannot find answers in the online Help.

1. Is there a way to make the workspace background darker? It's almost white (sampled the color and it's R240-G240-B240) It makes it EXTREMELY hard to see. Whether working on photos are starting an image with a white background I want my workspace darker, please. Ideally, I am hoping there is a way I can choose???

2. I have checked the box for Automatic View Resize. If I un-dock the tabbed image/window, I assume the window should resize as I zoom in/out. It's not working. I also cannot manually resize the window. The arrow come up if I hover over the window edge, but it will not let me resize the window.

Patti

P.S. I love the new X7 Fill properties!!!! Haven't explored them totally, mind you, but so far I like what I see.

• Hi Patti,
    I'm not certain if I understand you correctly.
    However, many characteristics of the display in most programs use the OS
    settings. To get to this dialog, do as follows.
    1. Right click on an empty spot one the desk top.
    2. Click on Personalize.
    3. Click on the Color icon at the bottom of the dialog.
    That should get you to the dialog from which you can set many
    properties of the interface. The settings apply to all programs which rely
    on the OS for their interface.
    Phil
  • Just wanted to add my displeasure with the white workspace.  Thank you Patti for bringing it up.  I have been a CorelDraw user since the very beginning and been through almost every version 3-5-7 etc, etc.  Not sure these changes they make from version to version are for the benefit of the user more than they are for the seller to squeeze some more money out of the base.  Glad for the 64bit but still unstable.  And, just in case anyone out there is listening:

The white workspace is really impossible.  Please fix this.