DRAW Graphics Suite 7: Installing on Win 10 (64-bit): Apps do not launch

Hi.  My older computer on which I had CDGS 7 installed just completely crashed so I am attempting to re-install DRAW 7 (64-bit) on Win 10 (64-bit) on new machine.

The install seems to have gone ok, i.e. the icons are all on my desktop and in my Start menu.  No error messages during install.

However, if I try to launch DRAW or PhotoPaint or Capture, the splash screen appears (really fast, mind you!) and then... nothing.  DRAW, PhotoPaint do not open, but interestingly enough, Connect and Bitstream Font Navigator do open.  Of course those are the two I really don't need at the moment.

This was not an issue on my previous PC.  I'm running Win 10 Home build 2004 (released August this year).  Is this a known issue? I also checked Task Manager to see if the processes were actually running but just not displaying for some reason but there are no Corel processes at all.

If someone could please advise me what would be a solution, that would be great.  I've also gone the uninstall > reboot > reinstall path with no success.

Thank you!

Parents
  • Oh, another thing, i read a suggestion somewhere in these forums that I could try creating a new .cdr file on my desktop and double-clicking it to launch DRAW.  I right-clicked on my desktop and selected New > CorelDRAW file.  Icon indeed appeared on desktop, but double-clicking did the same thing: initial splash screen and then nothing.

Reply Children
No Data