Uploading a custom workspace from one pc to another.

We have 2 pc's with X7 loaded. System #1 has worked flawlessly for years but is still running on windows 7. If I save the fully customized workspace for use on System #2 running windows 10 the system crashing constantly for the simplest of tasks. Change it back to the default and all is good. Could it be that by saving from a win7 pc it makes it incompatible with win10. The way I see it now we're going to have to go through and manually customize system 2's workspace. Probably over 30 different macros and custom icons, as well as, assigned shortcut keys.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. even tried running win10 system in compatibility mode but didn't make a difference 

Parents
No Data
  • So we ditched trying to use the saved workspace from the win7 pc. We created two directories, 1 in C:/....user/app data/.... etc. and moved everything out of the that gms file to the newly created directory. The other is in the program directory where that gms file is usually kept. Also moved all from that gms folder. Corel program now starts a lot faster but still has a delay in some of the most simple tasks. We're now slowly adding back in the most crucial macros, as well as, customizing the workspace i.e. deleting icons, setting default colors etc. System is a lot more stable but still "lags" compared to my win7 pc. The win10 pc is supposed to be more robust.

Uh....this just in from my pc tech. My win7 pc uses all SSD drives. The win10 pc has it's operating system on a non ssd but has a secondary ssd installed. All or files are kept on a network and we typically work directly from there. On rare occasions, although much more often by my coworker, do we copy a file to the desktop and work from there. That's usually on very large files.

Children