Page # contains objects that fall outside the page - Corel's "I Spy Game".

I see this when exporting to PDF.

I compose with Snap to page yet something falls "outside". Wireframe view gives no clue and Print Preview is the same. So item by item I cut and paste objects to another page, test PDF export to search for the offending piece THAT'S ONLY A HAIR OFF. Time, time and more time playing a game.

Just need one guy in the coding chair to change the message to "I Spy on Page # that it contains objects that fall outside the page". Then it becomes fun .. is it the rectangle? No .. is it the image? No ... is it the border line? No .. is it the glow or drop shadow? No ... is the giraffe with sunglasses on?

NO! >>> JUST TELL ME WHAT IT IS IF YOU KNOW IT'S THERE!

This message drives me nuts and IMHO is inadequate and nothing more than Draw acknowledging a defect within itself as acceptable. Makes it very difficult for me to upgrade. I'm boycotting upgrades until objects that fall outside the page are identified or shown in some manner. Employers and clients only pay for production, not extravagant puzzle solving.

Parents Reply
  • Maybe ask Corel if they would want to purchase it and incorporate it into their program. For me it's one of those nuances that stops me from upgrading too often.

This is one of many things that the Corel folks are certainly capable of doing if they wanted to. They aren't going to want to buy my dinky little VBA macro; they already know how to do this.

What I might like doesn't always qualify as a priority for them, so as an alternative to growing old waiting, I sometimes take a swing at doing it myself. By now, I have a substantial collection of homemade tools that suit particular needs.

Children