Centre of Circle - Show & Print

Hi All

I use CorelDraw X8 primarily to create "cut out" templates for my hobby of making lights out of PVC pipe.  Not putting my brain into gear first I have created a pattern that contains 704 circles (which will become holes I will drill out of the PVC pipe) and I have realised the drilling process will be a lot more accurate if the printed template shows each circles centre.

With the benefit of hindsight I probably would have created my first circle with a cross placed at its centre then used that as the basis for creating the pattern but I've obviously missed that opportunity.

If necessary I will re-create my pattern but thought I'd seek some advice first as to whether there is a way to magically show and print a circle's centre which clearly would save me some time.

Thanks

Kevin 

Parents
No Data
  • BigKev said:
    If necessary I will re-create my pattern but thought I'd seek some advice first as to whether there is a way to magically show and print a circle's centre which clearly would save me some time.

You could also use a macro to add center marks; something like this:

Sub centermark_ellipses()
    Dim sr As ShapeRange
    Dim s As Shape
    Const dblMarkL As Double = 5

ActiveDocument.SaveSettings
        ActiveDocument.Unit = cdrMillimeter
        EventsEnabled = False
        Optimization = True
        ActiveDocument.BeginCommandGroup "center marks"

On Error GoTo ErrHandler

Set sr = ActivePage.Shapes.FindShapes(, cdrEllipseShape)

For Each s In sr

ActiveLayer.CreateLineSegment s.CenterX - dblMarkL / 2, s.CenterY, s.CenterX + dblMarkL / 2, s.CenterY
            ActiveLayer.CreateLineSegment s.CenterX, s.CenterY - dblMarkL / 2, s.CenterX, s.CenterY + dblMarkL / 2

Next s

ExitSub:
        ActiveDocument.EndCommandGroup
        Optimization = False
        EventsEnabled = True
        ActiveDocument.RestoreSettings
        Application.Refresh
        Exit Sub

ErrHandler:
        MsgBox "Error occurred: " & Err.Description
        Resume ExitSub
    End Sub

That code should find all of the ellipse shapes. For each of those shapes, it will add a horizontal line and a vertical line that together serve as a center mark for that shape.

Those lines will be created on the active layer, and will have whatever outline characteristics (e.g., line width, color, etc.) are currently set in the document for new graphic objects.

The length of those lines is set in the code here:

Const dblMarkL As Double = 5

This:

becomes this:

Children
No Data