How to get pure black in EPS export from CorelDraw 10?

Greeting everyone!

This may be a stupid question but I have been tearing my hair out over this for a while. I need to export a figure as EPS for a technical journal. The figure contains an imported grayscale bitmap, next to a panel with bar charts, etc.

I have made sure that every object in the file uses the Grayscale color model, by using the Find and Replace wizard.

I export as EPS, with a grayscale TIFF header (as required). Text is exported as curves, bitmaps as grayscale. I have tried applying or not applying the ICC profile, but this seems to make no difference. Have not touched the Advanced settings.

When I import the resulting EPS files in Photoshop, objects that were filled with grayscale "Black" in CorelDraw are now only 83% black. However, the pure black areas of the bitmap are converted to 100% black.

If the latter were not the case, I suppose the printer could simply darken the contrast a little. But with pure black in the bitmap and only 83% black in objects superimposed over it (such as label borders) this gives an unpleasant effect.

What is the correct way to ensure that grayscale "Black" is exported as 100% black in EPS?

Thanks for your help!