wrong size of an object in EPS file

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me...

I tried to export an object 1983x842 (first picture below) to EPS file but the size of it is now slightly different and also the lines on both left and right side are missing.

I'm not sure what the reason for it could be. This is freshly installed CorelDRAWX8.

Any idea what is wrong?

Maciek

• Try making your page the same size as your artwork then export, see if that works.

• Thank you Chris.

The solution doesn't work. I have another file where the page is much bigger than the artwork I am trying to export to EPS. The EPS file shrinks for some reason the original artwork which makes it unusable for me.

The funny thing is that when I ask someone else to export my file to EPS everything is OK. We've checked our settings and everything looks the same. The other strange thing is that when I exported a file to EPS the first time after my CorelDraw had been installed everything was OK. Now something has changed and nobody I've asked knows what the reason for it could be.

Maciek  

• Hi David, maybe you could try put a reference block on the drawing like a 10mm x10mm or 1"x1" box. then see how far out the export is to actually quantify the issue with some accuracy.  (just export a selection or page and then import it back in and then check the size on that simple box).

I doubt it's an issue with the eps exporter.

also check page scaling is 1:1 ?

note when exporting as eps or anything else I might often tick "selected only" dialogue box and might choose to switch to wireframe mode before exporting..when in that mode you can do a quick " control a" (select all) to check there's no rogue objects that you might not actually see in "enhanced mode". If there is any rogue objects selected at export-time then the overall object or drawing size "exported" could change.

not sure if any of this helps but worth a try?!