Macros in Draw X4 and Technical Designer X4

Hello Folks,

A couple of weeks ago in another thread  I was invited by Jeff Harrison to try some of his macros in Technical Designer X4.

What I found as a general rule for (almost) all macros is, that a Macro runs either in CD X4 or in TD X4 - also with the standard ones that come with the programs. They even are not recognized as a macro by the other program, although they are .gms files. This is a pity as both use the same basic engine for drawing, as far as I know, and both use VBA as the programming language. The problem does not exist between CD X4 and CD X3. In the same sense  macros that run in TD 12 also run in TD X4.

I don't understand what is hidden in the code for the one program to be blocked in the other and vice versa. And I sincerely hope that this blocking is removed/cured in the very next SP of either program.

Kind regards, JoostJ

• Joost,

No intentional blocking is done.  This is a limitation of VBA.  If the source code for the GMS is available, you can export the .bas file from Draw and import it into Designer.  If the source is not available, you will need to contact the authors and ask them to provide a Designer version of the GMS.

Regards,
    Hendrik