Templates and some imported vector files crash Coreldraw X6

Hi folks,

After the last couple updates for Coreldraw X6 (now running at v 16.4.0.1280) my version of Draw has been crashing when-ever I go to open any of our custom templates.  The templates are rather complicated, and we've been using them for years... probably since Coreldraw 7 or so, and they've gracefully worked with every version of Corel up until now.

Each model year we create a new version of the template with the new model features and file the old ones away, which also helps ensure that the version of the template is not too old... ie, not still trying to work with CD7 files in CDX6.

I tried doing a workspace restore (F8 at start) and that would allow me to open the template through the File -> New From Template menu the first time, but once I had my workspace set-up again, the next template would crash Coreldraw.

Opening a template via the standard File->Open menu does not crash Coreldraw.

I've now figured out that if I close the Object Manager before opening a template Coreldraw does not crash.

There was also a similar problem with importing some components that we had created as separate files, and with the same result... if the Object Manager is closed the files import alright.

Does anyone know of a work-around for this?

I understand that there may now be "bad objects" in the file that upset the import feature, but I also don't think I can mine my way through 1940 objects (29436 points) in each template to find the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help on this!