connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

CorelDraw Graphics Suite x4 in need of Troubleshoot!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

banalove27 Posted: Mon, Sep 7 2009 1:43

When I try to install this program I get the error message "could not access file e:\setup\cgs14\setup.msi" but it gives an option to continue, so I tried that, then it gives the error message "your system has not been modified...." Does anyone know how to resolve this? What do I need to do? I've tried clearing out files, making sure I was logged in as an administrator on my computer, scanning malware...nothing has worked so far...I followed all advice when I "googled" the issue.... Any advice here? Please Help!!!

Top 50 Contributor
ABBOTSFORD, BC CANADA
Male

Check your source cd for that file... use the Search function in Windows Explorer or File Manager as I call it. Just to be sure it's actually there.

Devil  the 'dd'

comin' atcha from up on the hill in Abbotsford, BC  CANADA

Top 500 Contributor
Waukesha, WI USA
Male

The method you are using to install the program is looking to the path specified as "e:\setup\cgs14\setup.msi" for the setup.msi file.  This file contains all the necessary information and files to perform the requested operation/installation.  If that file is not located in that path you must specify a different path.  Such as, if you have a different drive "d instead of e:, or if the contents of the cd were copied to c and your performing a maintenance installation.

As recommended, find the setup.msi file and if it is not corrupt it will work.

"Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.