connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Product Installation Unsuccessful Please Reinstall Error 24

Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 251 Replies | 19 Followers

Page 1 of 17 (252 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

Nick Horton posted on Mon, May 31 2010 18:50

HELP! I have had Corel X4 installed for about 3 months then all of a sudden it has stopped working.

Everytime I try to start the app it comes up with "Product Installation Unsuccessful Please Reinstall Error 24" and closes. We have this installed on quite a number of computers with different legit keys on each.

I have tried repairing the installation through add/Remove programs with no success, one one computer tried uninstalling then reinstalling but when installing it comes up with "Invalid Key" when trying to reinstall, which is weird because it worked before and is legit. All computers running Windows XP and had CorelX4 SP1 installed. Have tried installing the Hotfix1 (no sucess).

Have looked through the forums here and can't really see anything that will help. Would really appreciate some info, cheers.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 25 Contributor
Ottawa (ON), Canada
Male
CorelEmployee

Hello all,

On behalf of the entire CorelDRAW team, I am very sorry for the inconvenience some users have experienced as a result of  this error message and have been victims of software pirates. I have just posted a detailed entry in my blog that provides the details behind what is happening and also provides those affected with an option to get the problem resolved. You can get the details at following address:

http://community.coreldraw.com/blogs/gerard/archive/2010/06/02/error-24-details-and-an-offer.aspx

Gérard

Using CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7.1 with Premium Membership, CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 SP1 & CorelCAD 2014.5
on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit  / Intel Core i7, 8 Gb RAM.

All Replies

set back the clock 1-2 months..

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I set this back to Feb 1st and tried reopening and voila! it opened!

So obviously there is some issue around the date, do you have any idea about hwo we could sort some permanent fix for this, as would prefer not to have to change the clock everytime I want to open CorelDraw

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as from tonight 31/5/10. Corel X4 has been fine for 7 months on my laptop, and now comes up with this  "Product Installation Unsuccessful Please Reinstall Error 24". I would be REALLY grateful if someone could help, as I use this programme for pro digital wildlife phtography. Thanks if anyone can shed light on this, apart from doing a system restore to a previous date. Help or advice  WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. Dave.

Hi Dave, hopefully since someone else had this problem as of just last night (I am in New Zealand and so we are the first to see the new day) it means that others will also have similar problems (sorry anyone else - i don't like wishing stuff on people - but sometimes when lots of people have the same issue it gets resolved quicker).

@ Dave - Did Corelppaint's suggestion work for you? Its not perfect but it at least lets you open the app in the meantime while we hopefully get a permanent fix.

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Hi.

Is your computer holding the correct time/time zone settings?

-John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 50 Contributor
St. Albert Alberta Canada
Male
Hmmmm -- it was just two days ago that M$ updated systems for daylight
saving time corrections for certain countries. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Far
fetched but just could be....

Paul McGee St. Albert, Alberta, Canada

This problem has occured for me as of this morning 1/6/10 - and I am aware of at least three others in the same boat.  So far the clock reset is the only solution offered anywhere we have tried, hopefully Corel can come up with a fix sooner rather than later.

@ John - Hi, yeh my time and zone settings are all correct. Everytime I start CorelDraw I have to just change my clock, which unfortunately I have a habit of closing it down and opening it everytime I want to use it - just have to change my habits for a while I suppose.

@ Paul - Could very well be

poy replied on Mon, May 31 2010 22:09

me too. when i wake up this morning, open the corel and  the error  message pop up. till now set the time back is work.

I also met the same problem this morning!

any fix for the date?

(Correct of date & time is important to me! I can't permanently to back set my date!) 

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Nick Horton:

@ John - Hi, yeh my time and zone settings are all correct. Everytime I start CorelDraw I have to just change my clock, which unfortunately I have a habit of closing it down and opening it everytime I want to use it - just have to change my habits for a while I suppose.

@ Paul - Could very well be

There was a similar glitch with Adobe Dreamweaver I recall. At the day of the time change the program crashed when opening files.

-John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 200 Contributor
Russia
Male

1/6/10 and the same problem!

Yep same problem here! Sad

Here too! all systems down...... clocks reset, goes properly.... hopefully it'll be sorted soon

Page 1 of 17 (252 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.