connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

When is CorelDRAW X6 (or next version) coming out?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 28 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

timd1971 posted on Wed, Mar 2 2011 19:23

Don't they usually release new versions in Feb?

Hopefully the next version has better 3D features like Adobe Illustrator CS5's.

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Santos, Brazil
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

The versions are marketed only after thoroughly tested. From what we know is that nobody in this Forum know nothing about the date of its release. But, just wait, I believe it still require a few months ahead ...

Top 25 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
The last four versions have started shipping in February of even numbered years. Of course the next one could change the cycle, we just won't know until Corel is ready for us to know.

that's what I thought... i was wondering what happened to the "usual" FEB release...  so much for that.  Hopefully X6 (or whatever its name will be) will be a major release, and not just a lipstick release.  Glad they "FINALLY" fixed dimensioning in X5...so hopefully it won't get broke in X6.

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

timd1971:
i was wondering what happened to the "usual" FEB releas

A short answer: nobody know the date of the next release. A better explain: if somebody know the date still didn't say anything. Corel never launched one version every year, always was at least two years. And not all version were launched on February, some versions were launched on January or March. 

Ariel Garaza Díaz

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male

Friday 24th of February 2012, it was leaked on Facebook. Stick out tongue

Yani

Ned's Mother -- You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothing and we're fresh out of ideas!
( The Simpsons, Hurricane Neddy -- Season:8 Episode:8 First Aired:12/29/1996 )

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Yani:

don't beleve all what you read on Facebook Wink

Ariel Garaza Díaz

Top 10 Contributor
El Paso, TX
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Yani:

Hi.

That's weird. I heard they were pushing for Valentine's Day.

-John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male

Valentine's Day in 2011 is on Monday, the 14th of February.

Facebook could be wrong. Smile

Yani

Ned's Mother -- You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothing and we're fresh out of ideas!

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Yani:

Valentine's Day in 2011 is on Monday, the 14th of February.

Facebook could be wrong. Smile

The ONLY real answer is a message on the official Corel site or a message from a member of Corel corp., such as Gerard's blog. All other information is not valid, no matter when or where was published. Remember the lauch of CorelDRAW X3, X4 and X5, and all fake information about the launch, the date, the image....

Ariel Garaza Díaz

Top 10 Contributor
El Paso, TX
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Hi.

I think it would be really cool if SP3 for X5 came out after X6 is released. This would send a huge POW! shockwave through the community and help to solidify trust and value of Corel products.

-John

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male

SP3 is X6 that's the way it works. That has as much chance as a mac version... in Australia it is called 'Buckley's Chance'.

What we need is an online bookmaker to take bets on the release day.

Yani

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Yani:
SP3 is X6 that's the way it works.

No, a service pack is not a new version, and an update is not an upgrade. At least, what I want for X6 is not a service pack of X5, or "more of the same". X6 must be a big step forward (and not as one former president of Uruguay said: we were facing a deep abyss, but now we have taken a big step forward ") Big Smile

Ariel Garaza Díaz

Top 10 Contributor
El Paso, TX
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Yani:

SP3 is X6 that's the way it works. That has as much chance as a mac version... in Australia it is called 'Buckley's Chance'.

HI.

This is the idea that needs to be obliterated.

Support for X5 should continue far after X6 is released and releasing an SP3 for X5 would make a huge statement to this point.

-John

Top 25 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
Ariel,

Corel DID release annual versions in the old days. They were all tied to be the same date as the International Design Contest in late May.

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.